How to Deactivate a Google Account on the Device
What if you misplace your phone but continue to use your Google account? Perhaps you forgot to log out of your Google account on a different device. You may not have remembered to disconnect your old phone from your Google Account before selling it. Your data and login credentials might be compromised as a consequence of this.
The good news is that, if their phone is found to have been stolen and they are concerned that their accounts have been accessed, Google now allows users to remotely wipe previous devices tied to their Google accounts.
The good news is that Google enables customers to remotely erase outdated devices connected to their Google Account if they discover their device has vanished and worry that an old gadget might endanger their accounts.
In this article, we’ll show you how to see all of the devices connected to your Google account and how to remove any of them at any time.
How to remove a device from your Google Account
- From your computer’s browser, go to your Google Account Dashboard and choose Security from the left-hand menu.
- Tap the Manage devices button under the Your devices section.
- From the Your devices menu, choose Manage devices.
- From the list of devices linked to your Google account, tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner of the device you want to remove.
- Then, choose “Sign out” from the range of alternatives.
- On your Android smartphone, go to the Settings menu.
- From the drop-down selection, choose Google.
- Next, choose Security by clicking the menu button in the lower corner.
- Lastly, choose ‘Manage your Google Account’ from the top menu.
- After that, choose Manage devices in the “Your devices” section.
- Select the menu symbol with three dots. Choose Sign out.
- Following that, Google will display a window asking you to confirm your sign-out. Tap Log Out to confirm.
Last but not least, if you wish to dispose of outdated equipment, you must abide by these regulations. This prevents unauthorised use of your credentials and personal information. We’ve included some basic instructions for deleting the sign-in account from remote devices. Additionally, it’s crucial to protect your account since it houses your Google contacts, Google pictures, cookies from websites you’ve visited, and your trip itinerary. You can see how hazardous it might be if someone gained access to your account now.