How to install Kodi on PS3 & PS4
Kodi is a media center application that allows you to stream content from your PC and other devices. You can use Kodi on the PS4, but it requires some advanced techniques. This article will show you how to install Kodi on your PS4 using a USB drive and other methods.
How to install Kodi on PS3 & PS4
If you’re looking to install Kodi on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 3, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
- First, download and install the appropriate version of Kodi for either platform (PS4; PS3). You can find a full list of available versions here.
- Next, open up your web browser on your computer or mobile device and head over to https://xbmc.org/get-kodi/. Once there, click “Get Kodi” at the top of the page and follow along with our instructions below!
Getting the official Kodi application
To get the official Kodi application, you’ll need to download and install it first. Then, you can use your PlayStation 4 as a media center with all of your favorite movies, TV shows and more. To do this:
- Download the latest version of Kodi for PS4 from here: https://kodidownloadsguide.com/ps4-kodi/
- Open up your browser on your PS4 and go to https://playstationstore.com/en-US/games/ps4/. On this page there should be an icon that looks like an arrow pointing down; click on it or tap on “PlayStation Store” in the top right corner (depending on what device you’re using). You’ll see a list of games that come bundled with purchases made at PlayStaion Store; scroll down until you find “Kodi” among them. Click on it!
Installing Kodi on your PS4 using a USB drive
If you’re planning on installing Kodi on your PlayStation 4 from a USB drive, it’s important to note that this process will not work with all models. The particular model of your PS4 determines which method you can use. Luckily for us, the easiest way to get Kodi running on your PS4 is by using the official method (which is also used by many other devices).
In order for this method to work properly, however, some preparation needs to be made before beginning:
- Make sure that your computer has access to its own internet connection (if not then please refer back here)
- Download our latest installer software onto an empty USB drive or SD card (see “How do I download” below)
Importing your own media library into Kodi
Once you’ve downloaded Kodi, the first thing you’ll want to do is import your own media library into it. The easiest way to do this is by using an app called Plex on your PS4 as a server.
To set up this feature, follow these steps:
- Go into Settings > Devices > Media Servers and choose Add Server from the list of options.
- Enter in all of the information about your PC or device that should be playing back content like movies, music and more (including IP address). If necessary, change some settings such as resolution or audio quality depending on what kind of content will be played back through this new media server connection created through Plex’s server setup process above. You may need additional ports open depending on how much bandwidth your device has available while streaming videos across different devices connected via Wi-Fi networks at home or elsewhere around town – see below for more details regarding these settings if necessary!
Using Plex on your PS4 as a server to play back media from PCs and other devices
If you’re a cord-cutter, it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle of streaming services and devices. Plex is a media player that can be used as both a media server and a media streamer. It allows users to play back videos from their computer via the cloud, but also stream content from other devices such as smartphones or tablets. In this article, we’ll go over how to set up Plex on your PS4 so that you can use it as a server for playing back videos from PCs and other devices on your network (or even just locally).
Using these techniques, you can use Kodi on your PS4.
Kodi is a free media player application. It can be used to play music, movies and TV shows from your own library or from streaming services like Netflix and Hulu.
Kodi supports the following file formats:
- MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3)
- Ogg Vorbis format for high quality audio streams
- FLAC format for lossless FLAC music files
This is a great option for those who want to play video games on their PS4 without the need for a gaming controller or keyboard and mouse. You can also use it for media playback, which means you can watch movies using Kodi in the comfort of your couch. With the growing popularity of Kodi and other streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video (which was just acquired by Amazon) and more being added regularly there are plenty of reasons why people should consider installing it on their home theater PC today! If you’re wondering if installing Kodi will work on your PS4 then don’t hesitate – just follow our step-by-step guide!