Skoll Scholarship: All the Things You Must Know
Skoll scholarship is an incredible financial aid program that helps aspiring MBA students in covering their tuition fees. But what are the eligibility criteria for the financial aid program? What documents you will need to apply for this financial aid program? So, to answer all these questions today we are sharing with you all the things you must know about the Skoll Scholarship program.
Here’s everything you need to know about this financial aid program.
What Is Skoll Scholarship?
It is a financial assistance program that is available for students who seek to study MBA at Oxford University. Thus, if you seek to study MBA at Oxford University then you must apply for this financial aid program. However, you can only apply for this financial aid program if you seek to become a social entrepreneur after your studies. Following are the things that you must know about this financial aid program:
- The program covers the entire tuition fees of MBA students. Besides this, the scheme also covers the living expenses of the students partially.
- Under the scheme, students get an annual allowance of 19,480 to cover their living expenses.
- Every year the Skoll Foundation gives sponsorship to four students under this scheme.
- If you seek to get sponsorship under this scheme then you must appear for the GRE/GMAT exam.
- You will have to submit an essay to get sponsorship under this scheme.
- Students who qualify for this scholarship get access to the Skoll Scholar Community. To learn about this community in more detail feel free to contact our best consultant for UK study visa.
if you seek to get sponsorship under this scheme then you must be or intend to be a social entrepreneur. Apart from this impact career professionals can also apply for this financial assistance program. The following are the main requirements you must meet if you desire to get sponsorship under this scheme:
- 3+ years of experience in driving social change.
- The applicant must possess skills like persistence, positivity, etc. Besides this, he must have good communication skills and phenomenal problem-solving capabilities.
Students who are eligible to get financial support under this scheme must submit certain documents. Following are the documents that you will require if you seek to apply for this financial support program:
- Academic transcripts
- IELTS scorecard
- TOEFL scorecard
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of acceptance
- Copy of passport
- Recent photographs, etc.
Following is the guide that you can follow to apply for Skoll Scholarship:
- Enroll yourself in the MBA program at the Oxford University
- Next, submit a scholarship essay along with your MBA application
- Wait for LOA
- Next, fill out the reference form by entering your credentials
- After that, you will have to appear for a virtual interview
- Appear for a personal interview
- Wait for confirmation from the university regarding the scholarship
The authorities assess the academic record and the social entrepreneurship experience of the candidates for selection. Once the authorities are done going through the profiles of all the candidates, they create a list of shortlisted candidates. After that, they send interview invites to the selected candidates. If the candidates are able to crack the interview, they get sponsorship for their education from the Skoll Foundation. To learn how to easily crack the selection process for the Skoll scholarship you can contact our Study Abroad Consultants.
Now you are aware of all the things you must know about the Skoll financial aid program. Thus, now you are in a position to easily apply for this financial aid program. But before you apply for the financial aid program make sure you double-check its eligibility criteria. You can do this by visiting the website of Oxford University. This will help you complete your scholarship application process without any hassle.