Tips to Help You Deep Clean Your Car Interior and Never Have a Messy Car Again
Maintaining a clean car can seem like an impossible task sometimes, especially when you’re in a hurry. However, it’s much easier if you know what to do and what not to do when deep cleaning your car interior. Read on to discover some of the best tips and tricks I know of to help you clean your car properly, and never have a messy car again!
Remove All the Trash
Indvendig rengøring af bil can be tough, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips that will make the process easier:
- Empty all your stuff out of the car, including shopping bags, items on the floor, etc.
- Vacuum the seats with a small brush attachment or vacuum hose attachment (make sure you get all areas including creases). Use an upholstery cleaner if you have any spills or stains.
- Remove any mats from the floor and wash them in cold water with mild detergent in your washing machine (you may need to use a scrubbing brush for those really dirty mats). Dry them using low heat so they don’t shrink too much or cause static electricity!
Vacuum the Seats and Floors
- Steamgrønt the seats and floors of your car with warm water, using a mop.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before wiping it up with towels.
- Dry the seats with towels or newspaper, so that you don’t leave any damp spots behind.
- Vacuum the floorboards and mats as well as all other nooks or crannies in your car–including under seat cushions, consoles, etc.–to get every last little bit of dirt out of the car’s interior space.
- Spray down any surfaces that are greasy or wet with an alcohol-based cleaner; then wipe those surfaces clean afterward with towels or newspapers (alcohol will disinfect surfaces).
Wipe Down All Surfaces
The first thing you want to do is wipe down all surfaces in the car. This includes your dashboard, steering wheel, gear shift knob, center console, door panels, seats (and floor mats), and anything else that may have been exposed when you moved things around. To get into the nooks and crannies of your car’s design try using natural sponges or old rags that are dampened with warm water for this step.
Next spray down all of these surfaces with your car’s interior cleaner of choice – we recommend Steamgrønt for this job as it is a plant-based product that is powerful enough to remove dirt but gentle enough not to harm plastic or vinyl.
Shampoo the Carpets and Seats
Shampooing the carpets and seats of your car is essential to deep clean your interior. If you have pets, this task is even more important because pet hair is an issue many drivers face. When shampooing the carpet, make sure you start with the back of the car. Use a hose or bucket on the other side of your vehicle as you work towards the front seat. This will ensure that water doesn’t drip onto your upholstery and cause it to stain or get wet. To shampoo your seats, first use an upholstery cleaner spray or wipe to remove any dirt or food crumbs that are stuck on them before spraying them down with a nice citrus-scented shampoo like our Steamgrønt Shampoo.
Clean the Windows
One of the easiest tasks is cleaning your windows. Make sure you have a microfiber cloth or newspaper on hand, along with some water and liquid soap. Spray one side of the window with the soap solution, then wipe it clean with your cloth, working from top to bottom. Rinse off any excess solution, then turn over your microfiber cloth and use it as a squeegee to remove all traces of water from the window. Finally, use newspaper or another dry cloth to buff away any remaining streaks on the window for crystal clear visibility!